Nearing to the end of another year and with colleagues making most of the left over leaves for the year, I was finding myself succumbing to a sense of ennui. Was sitting and thinking “what am I doing? How much time I am giving to myself? How can a mind that was always wanting to climb the mountains and run in the wild be trapped in these glass walls, which are showing the world to me but are not letting me break free. What am I doing spending the weekends, tearing my eardrums with loud music, dancing like mad, with a mind under the influence of the so called “magic liquid”. Things could have gone that ways forever but someone who was trapped inside somewhere and whose cry was always suppressed by the loud music gave a last bellow. And yes I heard it. The love of nature & the pursuit of the unknown have eternally drawn man to shed the comfort and security of this home to venture beyond the blue ranges on the horizon and to discover new valleys, forests, rivers and high mountains. And it was a call for me now.
Some credit goes to my dear friend Khansli also. Khans as we call him has always been my alterego. And this time too when I realized it’s time to pack the bags and explore the places I always wanted to, Khans was the first one who got a call of my awakening. And as soon as i told him what i wanted to do he, as always, was ready.
They say that if you really want to get a feel of the earth; if you really want to walk through the forests and feel the breeze on your face; trudge through unspoilt territory and explore for yourself- go trekking. And how true they are… those mountains look so colossal, standing tall, like a challenger. Those trees and their curling branches were waving as if they were waiting for us to come. Passing through the mountains, we were like kids.. holding wooden swords and showing our skills on the small leaves and plants… we were feeling like roaming in OUR territory.
The quest of mountain lover is for the freedom of the hills. With every new step ahead I was again falling in love. How I could have compromised all this for parties where half the people are not even aware of what they are doing.
I’ve made my decision…. This is where I was born and this is what my heart beats for…..
Your son is back mother nature

No comments:
Post a Comment