Wednesday, January 17, 2007
so close ...so far...
When we talk about achieving something, something we had been striving for long, something which you feel would be changing a lot of things in your life, the most painful thing is when it comes tantalizingly close to you and just when you thought it’s in your grip, it eludes you. There are many things which we want to achieve but there is nothing we can do about it except putting in your best and waiting for the lady luck smiles on you.
A roman philosopher had said that LUCK is the moment where preparation meets opportunity. But what in the case where you are desperately looking for something and an opportunity knocks too. It is the time to check, is this the one you were looking for? Because this could very well be a perfect example of human err at the time when he had to choose between, a short-lived breeze of success or continue the wait. And that’s when human urge to achieve something, to get a sense of achievement guides him emotionally towards a different path altogether.
I’ve made a decision today. It came and I felt as if was the one I was waiting for a long time. But then was this the one I was aiming for? I ask myself and the answer was “No”. It could have been a new beginning and who knows I might have thrived in this too. But then it would have been an absolute deviation from the path I want to follow. You can change your path to reach at the destination but destination can’t be changed if the accomplishing it is hard-hitting.
To quote Seneca again: "Many things have fallen only to rise higher”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment